At Happy, we are committed to making quality products with high nutritional value so families grow up healthy together. But we also need that parents, teachers, even entire communities, start to champion healthier lifestyles. If we all do our part, we could be shaping a healthier future for the entire world.
The good news about living a healthy life? It’s never too late to start. If you have children or teens in your home, here’s something to keep in mind: the earlier they are exposed to healthy food choices, exercise and good sleeping habits, the less they’ll have to struggle to embrace them.
As parent or guardian, it’s your duty to lead by example. Most children will look up and repeat the behavior they see their elders engaging in. So while it might be tougher for you in the beginning, you will be able to make the necessary changes and show everyone in your household how it’s done.
A few things that will help:
- Plan ahead – the weekly family menu, school snacks, grocery lists; anything you can prep for will be easier to achieve during a busy week
- Stay strong for at least 21 day – studies show that it is the minimum time that it takes to create a habit and make it part of your routine
- Get the family involved – it will be easier for kids to try new things if they feel they are part of the process, specially if you turn it into a challenge or game
- Reward yourselves – each time a goal is achieved, recognize it, celebrate it and set new goals to keep everybody in the game
Here are some overall facts that will make you even more happy about choosing our products:
• We manufacture using top of the line ingredients – from the fruit that goes into our juices, to the whole grain used for our cereals
• Our recipes were created by the founder of our company, a man who has devoted his entire life to creating healthy products with the help of nutritionists to cater to the needs, not only of children and pregnant mothers, but also for the whole family
• All our products are compliant with the strictest nutritional guidelines of the United States Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service, and are approved for the use of the federal WIC program
• Our products are rich in fiber, folic acid and vitamins. They are also low on sugar to create the perfect balance between healthy and tasty
The Importance of Breakfast
Let’s start by stating the obvious: we all need energy in the morning to get our day going. Not only can you all get very important nutrients needed on a daily basis like: fiber, calcium, protein and carbs (all found in the right quantities in our products), but that first meal has been proven to be a big factor in how we perform during our day..
The Positive Impact of Breakfast on Children
Breakfast will help children improve their focus, keep energy levels high and feel less tired during the whole day. This will usually result in better grades, improved athletic performance and higher concentration levels in school according to the Food and Nutrition Service. Also, kids who eat breakfast are known to be less cranky and restless, and eat less junk food during the day (a huge plus in our book!).
Plus, making time for breakfast is a good habit that will see them through a healthier adulthood.
The Positive Impact of Breakfast on Adults
The main reason why you, as an adult should not skip breakfast, no matter how rushed you are is that it will throw your body out of whack. Eating in the morning will get your metabolism going early, and the effect will help you to continue burning calories during the day. The main reason why you, as an adult, should not skip breakfast no matter how rushed you are, is that it will throw your body out of whack.
Eating breakfast, in adults, has also been linked to weight loss, low bad cholesterol “LDL” levels, better memory and concentration and lower chances of getting diabetes and heart disease – only when the right breakfast food choices are made of course.
So make time to enjoy breakfast with your loved ones. It’s the best way to stay happy as a family!
It’s important to learn about food allergies to keep your family safe from a life threatening reaction. Here are some common facts every parent should know:
- Although millions of people suffer from food allergies, there is no cure
- Allergic reactions to food usually occur within minutes, but might take up to two hours after the person has been in contact with the food to show up
- Here are some of the most common reactions, as listed by the US Food & Drug Administration:
- Flushed skin or rash
- Tingling or itchy sensation in the mouth
- Face, tongue, or lip swelling
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Abdominal cramps
- Coughing or wheezing
- Dizziness and/or lightheadedness
- Swelling of the throat and vocal cords
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
People with food allergies can also experience a severe, life-threatening allergic reaction called anaphylaxis after eating a food allergen(s).
Anaphylaxis can lead to:
- Constricted airways in the lungs
- Severe lowering of blood pressure and shock (“anaphylactic shock”)
- Suffocation by swelling of the throat
What can you do if you, or somebody in your family gets an allergic reaction?
- First of all, be aware of the symptoms.
- If a reaction to a known food allergy starts, look for whatever treatment option you have available and use it (allergy medicine, auto-injector, etc).
- If it’s a new reaction that is not life threatening, consult your physician. Or for immediate relief, consult a pharmacist and then visit your trusted physician.
- If a life threatening reaction occurs, please go to an emergency room immediately. You can also call FDA’s emergency number at 1-866-300-4374 or 301-796-8240 for guidance on how to handle the situation.